We brought you live coverage of the Star Wars/Hasbro Brand panel this past weekend at the New York Comic Con and now we have included hi-res images of the slides shown by Hasbro during the event. Check them out below in our GALLERY.
Also below is a recap of what was said during the panel.
- 2012 Celebrates Episode I 3D. Toys Launch on January 30th. Move release is February 10, Three 3.75" lines and all new collectible segment
- Darth Maul is the spokes person for the brand in 2012.
- Showing the Darth Maul teaser. Click here
to see the teaser. Maul also will be coming to the cartoon.
- 2012, 3 lines: Movie Lines - Not just repacks. 3.75 will contain figures from all movies, second line will be Clone Wars and third line will be Vintage.
- First wave of movie heroes Darth Maul, Battle Droid, Qui Gon Jin, Super Battle Droid, R2-D2, Shock Trooper. 1/30
- Figures (Movie Heroes) will have special features like Slashing Action and backpacks with grappling hooks. R2 will have new electronic cherps. Clone. There will be a new Anakin with a new back pack. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will have new light-up lightsabers. The line will have 24 figures. More will be shown at Toy Fair. Most are new and a bunch of light up figures including one with a light up blaster.
- More small vehicles with figures for E1 as well as the re-release of old vehciles like Sith Infiltrator, AAT, and Pod Racers. ATT has a new interior and it holds 3 Battle Droids.
- Wave 2 will have a republic tank, Naboo Starfighter, and Anakins, Jedi Starfighter. The Naboo Star Fighter has new features like a canopy that slides open. Its also a little bigger than the original.
- Wave 2 vehislves Class 2 vehicles will be out in February.
Clone Wars will have 19 figures for 2012. Wave one will be out by 1/30 and have Savage Opress, Mace Windu, Aqua Battle Droid among others.
- Wave 2 will be out in April 2012. Rpublic Commander Boss.
- More Battle Packs on the way.
Vintage 2012 - 55 figures including moves from 2011 and reissues. 24 have not been revealed. Movies, Expanded and Clone Wars.
- Wave 1 of 2012 is out by 1/30. Will be E1. Battle Droid will fold up.
- Ben Quadinaros is a new sculpt with some articulation.
- Wave 2 will be out by March 2012.
- Wave 2 will have the Deleted scenes figures. The Deleted scenes cardback figures where hard to do and have illustrations.
- Wave 3 will be out in April and have Hoth Luke that does fit on the Taun Taun. Also have a realistic Anakin from the Clone Wars cartoon. There will be two more in 2012 for Clone Wars.
- Darth Vader will be all-new sculpt and Darth Malgus from the video game. Vader has more articulation.
- Wave 4 will also be out in April and include figures moved over from 2011. Aayla Secura, Nom Anor and 501st Trooper, and Wedge.
- Besspin Han Solo will return and Gamorrean Guard in wave 5 which will also be out in April. Prepare for a lot of figures to be out in April.
- AT-AP, V-19 Torrent Starfighter and Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter will be re-released in Vintage packaging in 1/30.
- 19 more figures in 2012 to be revealed, 3 more EU and 3 more Clone Wars plus the Fan's Choice Poll winner which has yet to be revealed.
- Titanium returns in 2012.
- Will have new packaging and wave 1 will be out by 1/30. They are movie themed. 3 vehicles per pack.
- 2012 Role-Play - New Darth Maul lightsaber. Extends over 5 feet long and no electronics.
- Ultimate FX line will continue. Jedi Luke Skywalker will be out by 1/30. They have a program to go with it called Join the Jedi. You can have your best lightsaber moves incorporated into a season 5 episode of Clone Wars.
- There will be a FX Darth Maul Lightsaber. You have to buy two to have both blades. It will come with a connector.
- There will be a new Electronic Darth Maul helmet. The eyes will be yellow and kids can see through it and says phrases.
- There will also be a Vader and Captain Rex helmet released without electronics.
- Fighter Pods is a new mini-vehicles and figures with plastic balls. The figures are squishy and collectible. We showed you these the other night but mistakenly called them Battle Balls. The figures will fit in the plastic pods and can battle each other. No structure rules, just set them up and knock them down.
- There will be 130 figures in 2012 including Porkins.
- There will also be vehicles that hold the pods.
- There will be blind bags with exclusive figures, no variants or chase figures though. Some vehicles will have tinted Canopy with secret figures in it.
- Wal-Mart will have exclusive "Discover the Force" line with Darth Maul packaging and 3D glasses. There will be 12 figures. Some but not all from this line will also appear in the Movie Heroes line. On shelves by 1/30.
- G8-R3 is a new character in this line.
- Wal-Mart will also have some new E1 multi-packs. The Royal Starship Droids will be part of the Build-A-Droid line.
- Dewback and Vulture Droid will also see release at Wal-Mart.
- Target will see new 2-packs. Emergence of Sith and Rise of Darth Vader.
- Boba Fett Speeder Bike is on hold for now.
- The Wal-Mart Dewback is the same as the previous one released.
- No plans for a return of the Star Cases for now.
- The new Vader does not have a removable line.
- No plans right now for concept figures but it could return eventually.
- Slide image have been added to our Gallery below. We will have hi-res images for the slides at a later date.
- Keep voting for a Zero The Hutt figure if you want it.
- Next big vehicle for 2012 will be revealed at Toy Fair in February.
- All the mainline Vintage product should now start shipping to the UK from this point. There were some regulation issues that have been fixed.
- They tried to see true to the Kenner packaging which is why they don't use different images on the Vintage Cards when doing the same character more than once. They might try something new down the road though.
- The new R2-D2 does not have a third retractable leg.