When the three-day STAR WARS CELEBRATION JAPAN opens at the Makuhari Messe center on July 19, attendees will be some of the first Star Wars fans in the world to glimpse never-before-seen, exclusive footage from the upcoming CG-animated adventure STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, created by Lucasfilm Animation.
In a special digital theater that seats nearly 2,000 fans, special presentations will showcase brand-new footage from the animated feature that can be seen only in theaters beginning Aug. 23 in Japan and Aug. 15 in the United States and much of the rest of the world.
In addition, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS director Dave Filoni will be a special guest, bringing audiences fascinating new insight into the development, creation and design of the first-ever Star Wars animated movie.
In addition to a chance to meet Filoni and see scenes from the upcoming movie, fans at STAR WARS CELEBRATION JAPAN will also get a glimpse of an episode of the STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS television series, which will begin airing this fall.
Famed Japanese animator Atsushi Takeuchi (Kôkaku kidôtai [Ghost in the Shell], Sukai kurora [The Sky Crawlers]), who serves as a guest director on an upcoming episode of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS, will join Filoni in a discussion of the singular design of the newest addition to the Star Wars galaxy.
But that’s only the start of the fun and surprises for Star Wars fans at the first-ever Japanese STAR WARS CELEBRATION, which commemorates the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars in Japan in 1978.
They will also have the chance to receive exclusive STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS giveaways, as well as meet famed Star Wars actors, including Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO).
Other highlights of the not-to-be-missed three-day event include:
- Presentation of the acclaimed Vader Project, an art installation that filters the essence of Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, through the eyes of popular modern artists and designers – including never-before-seen Vader helmets created by well-known Japanese artists;
- An autograph hall, where fans can purchase photos to be autographed by a number of Star Wars actors and celebrities who will be in attendance;
- Spectacular photo backdrops and replica props and sets, where fans can photograph themselves as part of the Star Wars galaxy;
A costume contest, highlighting the exceptional costuming talent of Star Wars fans in Japan;
- Special “Jedi Training” and a Star Wars “Family Area” for young fans to share the excitement with their parents and relatives;
- A floor filled with exhibitors and dealers who will be selling both new and vintage Star Wars items in every price range.
- An exclusive Star Wars CELEBRATION JAPAN store, where items can be found that aren’t available anywhere else in the galaxy!
Tickets to STAR WARS CELEBRATION JAPAN are on sale now and can be purchased at https://www.celebrationjapan.jp
(Japanese), or at https://www.celebrationjapan.com
(English), where continually updated news on CELEBRATION JAPAN can also be found.