THX 1138: Director's Cut (2 DISC)
Video: Widescreen 1.85:1 Color
Anamorphic: Yes (Anamorphic)
Audio: english in dolby digital 5.1
Runtime: 88 mins.
Rating: This film has been rated R
Release date: September 14, 2004
Production Year: 1971
Price (SRP): $26.99
Released by: Warner Bros.
Warner Bros. Logo
* DISC ONE:
* Commentary by co-writer/director George Lucas and co-writer/sound designer Walter Murch
* Theatre Of Noise - isolated sound-effects track
* Master sessions with Walter Murch
* DISC TWO:
* A Legacy of Filmmakers: The Early Years of American Zoetrope -- New documentary
* Artifact from the Future: The Making of THX 1138 -- New documentary
* Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB - Lucas' student film that inspired the movie
* Bald classic production featurette
* Original theatrical trailer
Starring Robert Duvall and Donald Pleasence, THX 1138 leads viewers into a 25th-century totalitarian state where citizens are stripped of individuality and become numbered drones, controlled by a government-enforced program of sedating drugs. THX 1138 (Duvall) is a factory worker whose life is irrevocably changed when his roommate, LUH 3417 (Maggie McOmie), causes them both to stop taking their drugs.
THX 1138: Director's Cut (2 DISC) Cover Art
Star Wars, The Trilogy - Widescreen version which preserves the original theatrical aspect ratio approx.
Video: Widescreen 2.35:1 Color
Anamorphic: Yes (Anamorphic)
Audio: english in dolby digital 5.1 surround ex
english in dolby surround
spanish in dolby surround
french in dolby surround
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Runtime: 121, 124, and 131 minutes
Rating: This film has been rated PG
Release date: September 21, 2004
Production Year: 1977, 1980, and 1983
Price (SRP): $69.98
Released by: 20Th Century Fox
20Th Century Fox Logo
* Disc 1: Star Wars: A New Hope IV
* Feature Film: Star Wars: A New Hope IV
* Commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher
* Disc 2: The Empire Strikes Back V
* Feature Film: The Empire Strikes Back V
* Commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher
* Disc 3: Return of the Jedi VI
* Feature Film: Return of the Jedi VI
* Commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren, and Carrie Fisher
* Disc 4:
* Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy. This two-and-a-half hour documentary traces the evolution of the saga, from a low-budget labor-of-love space saga to the movie phenomenon that defied the odds and reinvented the rules. This comprehensive documentary features all new interviews with George Lucas and more than 40 members of the cast and crew from the original trilogy, as well as a host of filmmakers and media personalities. Empire of Dreams includes some never-before-seen behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the three films.
* Episode III Behind the Scenes Preview: The Return of Darth Vader: Finally, Star Wars: Episode III will reveal just how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, the most iconic villain in film history. In this exclusive preview, George Lucas discusses Anakin's descent, with a first look at the new Vader costume forged for Episode III. Also, experience how Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor have prepared for the epic lightsaber battle that has been anticipated for more than two decades: the climactic showdown between Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
* The Birth of the Lightsaber: Its unforgettable hum and scintillating glow are instantly recognizable around the world. Now, viewers will discover the origins of this elegant weapon from a more civilized age in this documentary devoted to the lightsaber.
* The Characters of Star Wars: An in-depth look at how favorite characters came to be, featuring rare concept art, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with George Lucas and the cast and crew who shaped the screen's favorite heroes.
* The Force Is With Them: The Legacy of Star Wars: Star Wars opened up a galaxy of possibilities to a generation of filmmakers and creative talents. Hear from some of the most notable filmmakers of our time about how influential the Star Wars movies have been to their lives.
* Star Wars Battlefront Trailer and Playable Demo: The fourth disc will offer a trailer featuring an exciting look at the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront video game from LucasArts, along with a special demo for Xbox users that lets players fight the Battle of Endor as a Rebel or Imperial soldier and drive AT-STs, ride speeder bikes and use different weapons to lead their side to victory. The full version of Star Wars Battlefront will also be released Sept. 21 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC.
* Star Wars: Episode III Making the Game Preview: Video-game players will be able to experience the stunning Jedi action of Episode III themselves in the new Star Wars: Episode III game, due out in Spring 2005 for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox. This special feature shows how game developers at LucasArts worked behind-the-scenes and on the set to create the most authentic Jedi experience ever.
* Original Trailers and TV Spots: The original theatrical teaser, launch and re-release trailers for each film, plus TV spots, are featured on the DVD.
* Never-Before-Seen Production Gallery: Delve into an unseen corners of the Lucasfilm Archives with exclusive photos from the making of the trilogy, with hundreds of rare behind-the-scene images.
* Posters and Print Campaigns: The original releases of the Star Wars films came at a time when international campaigns produced a wealth of intriguing, alternative poster art. Explore a collection of theatrical posters from around the world.
* Exclusive DVD-ROM Content: The Star Wars Trilogy DVDs are keys that unlock exclusive content available only through a special DVD-ROM website.
The most requested films for the DVD format will finally become a reality this September as Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox present the eagerly awaited "Star Wars Trilogy" for the ultimate home entertainment format.
Episode IV, "A New Hope": Eighteen years later, Luke Skywalker, a young farmboy on Tatooine, is thrust into the struggle of the Rebel Alliance when he meets Obi-Wan Kenobi, who has lived for years in seclusion on the desert planet. Obi-Wan begins Lukeís Jedi training as Luke joins him on a daring mission to rescue the beautiful Rebel leader Princess Leia from the clutches of the evil Empire. Although Obi-Wan sacrifices himself in a lightsabre duel with Darth Vader, his former apprentice, Luke proves that the Force is with him by destroying the Empireís dreaded Death Star.
Episode V, "The Empire Strikes Back": Three years later Imperial forces continue to pursue the Rebels. After the Rebellionís defeat on the ice planet Hoth, Luke journeys to the planet Dagobah to train with Jedi Master Yoda, who has lived in hiding since the fall of the Republic. In an attempt to convert Luke to the dark side, Darth Vader lures young Skywalker into a trap in the Cloud City of Bespin. In the midst of a fierce lightsaber duel with the Sith Lord, Luke faces the startling revelation that the evil Vader is in fact his father, Anakin Skywalker.
Episode VI, "Return of the Jedi": In the epic conclusion of the saga, the Empire prepares to crush the Rebellion with a more powerful Death Star while the Rebel fleet mounts a massive attack on the space station. Luke Skywalker confronts his father Darth Vader in a final climactic duel before the evil Emperor. In the last second, Vader makes a momentous choice: he destroys the Emperor and saves his son. The Empire is finally defeated, the Sith are destroyed, and Anakin Skywalker is thus redeemed. At long last, freedom is restored to the galaxy.
Cast and Crew of Star Wars, The Trilogy (Widescreen)
David Webb Peoples
Cover Art & Disc Art for all 3 movies & more!
Special Thanxs to DVDTown.com